Apache Axis2 modules cross-site scripting
|axis2-modules-xss (58790)||Medium Risk|
Apache Axis2 is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the engagingglobally script. A remote authenticated attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the modules parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of March 1, 2014.
- Apache Web site: Axis2/Java.
- Juniper Security Bulletin :10566: Network and Security Manager: Multiple Apache Axis2 vulnerabilities fixed.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [05-21-2010]: Authenticated Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability (XSS) within Apache Axis2 administration console .
- PR10-03: Authenticated Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability (XSS) within Apache Axis2 administration console.
- BID-40327: Apache Axis2 'engagingglobally' Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-2103: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in axis2-admin/axis2-admin/engagingglobally in the administration console in Apache Axis2/Java 1.4.1, 1.5.1, and possibly other versions, as used in SAP Business Objects 12, 3com IMC, and possibly other products, allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the modules parameter. NOTE: some of these details are obtained from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 64844: Apache Axis2/Java axis2/axis2-admin/engagingglobally modules Parameter XSS
- SA39906: Apache Axis2/Java modules Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- SA54454: Juniper Network and Security Manager Apache Axis2 Security Issue and Vulnerability
- VUPEN/ADV-2010-1215: Apache Axis2/Java modules Parameter Cross Site Sripting Vulnerability
- Apache Axis2/Java 1.5.1
- Juniper Network and Security Manager 2010
- Juniper Network and Security Manager 2011
- Juniper Network and Security Manager 2012
May 21, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.