Cisco Network Building Mediator (NBM) default credentials
|cisco-nbn-default-credentials (58893)||High Risk|
Cisco Network Building Mediator (NBM) contains default credentials for multiple accounts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to gain administrative access to the device.
Refer to cisco-sa-20100526-mediator for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- cisco-sa-20100526-mediator: Multiple Vulnerabilities in Cisco Network Building Mediator.
- BID-40380: Cisco Network Building Mediator Default Credentials Authentication Bypass Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-0595: Cisco Mediator Framework 1.5.1 before 1.5.1.build.14-eng, 2.2 before 2.2.1.dev.1, and 3.0 before 3.0.9.release.1 on the Cisco Network Building Mediator NBM-2400 and NBM-4800 and the Richards-Zeta Mediator 2500 has a default password for the administrative user account and unspecified other accounts, which makes it easier for remote attackers to obtain privileged access, aka Bug ID CSCtb83495.
- OSVDB ID: 65277: Cisco Network Building Mediator Multiple Default Credentials
- SA39904: Cisco Network Building Mediator Products Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1024027: Cisco Network Building Mediator Lets Remote Users Login and Remote Authenticated Users Gain Elevated Privileges
- US-CERT VU#757804: Cisco Network Building Mediator products contain multiple vulnerabilities
- Cisco Network Building Mediator 1.5
- Cisco Network Building Mediator 2.2
- Cisco Network Building Mediator 3.0
May 26, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this