JustSystems Ichitaro attributes code execution
|ichitaro-attributes-code-execution (59037)||High Risk|
JustSystems Ichitaro could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system, caused by an error when processing character attributes. By persuading a victim to open a specially-crafted document, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to corrupt memory to execute arbitrary code on the system.
Apply the appropriate patch for your system, available for users from the JUSTSYSTEMS Web site. See References.
- Ichitaro Web site: Ichitaro Web.
- JustSystems Web site: JustSystems.
- JVN#17293765: Ichitaro series vulnerable to arbitrary code execution.
- BID-40472: JustSystems Ichitaro Character Attributes Processing Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-2152: Unspecified vulnerability in JustSystems Ichitaro 2004 through 2009, Ichitaro Government 2006 through 2009, and Just School 2008 and 2009 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via unknown vectors related to product character attribute processing for a document.
- OSVDB ID: 65050: JustSystems Ichitaro Crafted Document Character Attributes Handling Arbitrary Code Execution
- SA40008: JustSystems Ichitaro Character Attributes Processing Vulnerability
- JustSystems Ichitaro 2004
- JustSystems Ichitaro 2005
- JustSystems Ichitaro 2006
- JustSystems Ichitaro 2007
- JustSystems Ichitaro 2008
- JustSystems Ichitaro 2009
Jun 01, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.