Motorola SURFBoard cable modem passwd directory traversal
|motorola-surfboard-psswd-directory-traversal (59113)||Medium Risk|
Motorola SURFBoard cable modem could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories on the system. An attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the modem containing "dot dot" sequences (/../) to retrieve the /etc/passwd file from the device.
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- Motorola Ultrabroadband Solutions Web page: Motorola Ultrabroadband Solutions.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [06-03-2010]: Motorola SURFBoard Cable Modem Directory Traversal .
- BID-40550: Motorola SBV6120E SURFboard Digital Voice Modem Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-2307: Multiple directory traversal vulnerabilities in the web server for Motorola SURFBoard cable modem SBV6120E running firmware SBV6X2X-22.214.171.124-SCM-02-SHPC allow remote attackers to read arbitrary files via (1) // (multiple leading slash), (2) ../ (dot dot) sequences, and encoded dot dot sequences in a URL request.
- OSVDB ID: 65249: Motorola SURFBoard SBV6120E URI Traversal Arbitrary File Access
- SA40054: Motorola SURFBoard SBV6120E Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- Motorola SBV6120E SURFboard Digital Voice Modem SBV6X2X-126.96.36.199-SCM
Jun 03, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.