Juniper IVE OS homepage.cgi spoofing
|juniper-homepage-spoofing (59284)||Medium Risk|
Juniper IVE OS could allow a remote attacker to conduct spoofing attacks, caused by the improper validation of input by the homepage.cgi script. By persuading a victim to click a malicious link, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to redirect a user to a malicious Web site that would appear to be trusted. This could allow the attacker to launch further attacks against the victim's system.
Upgrade to the latest version of Juniper IVE OS (6.5R3.1 (build 15255) or later), available from the Juniper Networks Web site. See References.
- Juniper Networks Web site: IVE OS Software.
- PR09-17: Juniper Secure Access seriers (Juniper IVE) authenticated XSS & REDIRECTION .
- BID-40729: Juniper Networks IVE OS 'homepage.cgi' URI Redirection Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-2289: Open redirect vulnerability in dana/home/homepage.cgi in Juniper Networks IVE 6.5R1 (Build 14599) and 6.5R2 (Build 14951) allows remote attackers to redirect users to arbitrary web sites and conduct phishing attacks via a URL in the Location parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 65289: Juniper IVE OS Web Interface homepage.cgi Location Parameter Arbitrary Site Redirect
- SA40117: Juniper IVE OS Redirection Weakness
- Juniper IVE OS 6.5R1 Build 14599
- Juniper IVE OS 6.5R2 Build 14951
Jun 09, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.