Plume CMS password cross-site request forgery
|plumecms-password-csrf (59308)||Medium Risk|
Plume CMS is vulnerable to cross-site request forgery, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. By persuading an authenticated user to visit a malicious Web site, a remote attacker could send a specially-crafted HTTP request to modiy the admin's password. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to perform cross-site scripting attacks, Web cache poisoning, and other malicious activities.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Jun 09 2010: [MajorSecurity SA-070]Plume CMS - change Admin Password via Cross-site Request Forgery.
- Plume CMS Web site: Plume CMS.
- CVE-2010-2294: Cross-site request forgery (CSRF) vulnerability in Plume CMS 1.2.4 and possibly earlier allows remote attackers to hijack the authentication of administrators for requests that change the administrator password via unspecified vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 65378: Plume CMS Admin Password Manipulation CSRF
- SA40133: Plume CMS Cross-Site Request Forgery Vulnerability
- VUPEN/ADV-2010-1430: Plume CMS User Interface Cross Site Request Forgery Vulnerability
- Plume CMS Plume CMS 1.2.4
Jun 09, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.