Sourcefire 3D SSL man-in-the-middle
|sourcefire3d-ssl-mitm (59380)||Medium Risk|
Sourcefire 3D is vulnerable to a man-in-the-middle attack, caused by the use of common private SSL keys for multiple devices and the default installation. A remote attacker from within the local network with access to one copy of the key could exploit this to perform a man-in-the-middle attack to intercept SSL communications between other devices.
|Access Vector:||Adjacent Network|
Refer to Sourcefire for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Sourcefire Web site: Sourcefire 3D Sensor.
- ZDI-10-107: Multiple Sourcefire Products Static Web SSL Keys Vulnerability.
- CVE-2010-2306: The default installation of Sourcefire 3D Sensor 1000, 2000, and 9900; and Defense Center 1000; uses the same static, private SSL keys for multiple devices and installations, which allows remote attackers to decrypt SSL traffic via a man-in-the-middle (MITM) attack.
- OSVDB ID: 65470: Sourcefire 3D Static SSL Keys Reuse MitM Weakness
- SA40143: Sourcefire 3D SSL Keys Security Issue
- SECTRACK ID: 1024092: Sourcefire 3D Sensor and Defense Center Use Common Private SSL Keys
- Sourcefire 3D Sensor 1000
- Sourcefire 3D Sensor 2000
- Sourcefire 3D Sensor 9900
- Sourcefire Defense Center 1000
Jun 10, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.