Apple iTunes WebKit unspecified variant 3
|itunes-webkit-unspecified-var3 (59508)||Medium Risk|
An unspecified vulnerability in Apple iTunes WebKit has an unknown impact and attack vector.
Refer to HT4220 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
For other distributions:
Apply the appropriate update for your system. See References.
- Apple KB HT4220: About the security content of iTunes 9.2.
- Apple Web site: About the security content of iOS 4.
- BID-41016: RETIRED: Apple iPhone/iPod touch Prior to iOS 4 Multiple Vulnerabilities
- BID-41054: WebKit Table Handling Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-1769: WebKit in Apple iTunes before 9.2 on Windows, and Apple iOS before 4 on the iPhone and iPod touch, accesses out-of-bounds memory during the handling of tables, which allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial of service (application crash) via a crafted HTML document, a different vulnerability than CVE-2010-1387 and CVE-2010-1763.
- SA40196: Apple iTunes Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SA40257: Apple iOS Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1024108: Apple iTunes WebKit Bugs Let Remote Users Execute Arbitrary Code
- SUSE-SR:2011:002: SUSE Security Summary Report
- Apple iPhone OS 2.0
- Apple iPhone OS 2.0.0 iPodtouch
- Apple iPhone OS 2.0.1
- Apple iPhone OS 2.0.1 iPodtouch
- Apple iPhone OS 2.0.2
- Apple iPhone OS 2.0.2 iPodtouch
- Apple iPhone OS 2.1
- Apple iPhone OS 2.1 iPodtouch
- Apple iPhone OS 3.0
- Apple iPhone OS 3.0 iPodtouch
- Apple iPhone OS 3.1 iPodtouch
- Apple iPhone OS 3.1
- Apple iPhone OS 3.1.2 iPodtouch
- Apple iPhone OS 3.1.2
- Apple iPhone OS 3.1.3
- Apple iTunes 9.2
Jun 16, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.