Batch Audio Converter .WAV file buffer overflow
|bac-wav-bo (59526)||High Risk|
Batch Audio Converter is vulnerable to a stack-based buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking when processing a .WAV file. By persuading a victim to open a specially-crafted .WAV file containing an overly long string, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the application to crash.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- Batch Audio Converter Web page: Batch Audio Converter.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [06-17-2010]: Batch Audio Converter Lite Edition <= v220.127.116.11 Stack Buffer Overflow (SEH).
- BID-40940: Batch Audio Converter '.wav' File Remote Stack Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-2348: Stack-based buffer overflow in Batch Audio Converter Lite Edition 18.104.22.168 and earlier allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long line in a .WAV file.
- OSVDB ID: 65639: Batch Audio Converter WAV File Handling Overflow
- SA40254: Batch Audio Converter WAV File Processing Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Novell Access Manager 3.1 SP1
- Softtouch Software Design Batch Audio Converter 22.214.171.124 Lite
Jun 17, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.