Apple iOS Sandbox information disclosure
|appleios-sandbox-info-disclosure (59630)||Low Risk|
Apple iOS could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information, caused by the failure to prevent photo-library access by the Sandbox component. By using unknown attack vectors, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to obtain location information.
Upgrade to the latest version of Apple iOS (4.0 or later), available from the Apple Web site. See References.
- Apple Web site: About the security content of iOS 4.
- BID-41016: RETIRED: Apple iPhone/iPod touch Prior to iOS 4 Multiple Vulnerabilities
- BID-41047: Apple iPhone and iPod touch Application Sandbox User Photo Library Security Bypass Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-1751: Application Sandbox in Apple iOS before 4 on the iPhone and iPod touch does not prevent photo-library access, which might allow remote attackers to obtain location information via unspecified vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 65701: Apple iOS Application Sandbox on iPhone / iPod Photo-library Access Restriction Weakness Remote Location Information Disclosure
- SA40257: Apple iOS Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Apple iPhone OS 2.0
- Apple iPhone OS 2.0.0 iPodtouch
- Apple iPhone OS 2.0.1
- Apple iPhone OS 2.0.1 iPodtouch
- Apple iPhone OS 2.0.2
- Apple iPhone OS 2.0.2 iPodtouch
- Apple iPhone OS 2.1
- Apple iPhone OS 2.1 iPodtouch
- Apple iPhone OS 3.0
- Apple iPhone OS 3.0 iPodtouch
- Apple iPhone OS 3.1 iPodtouch
- Apple iPhone OS 3.1
- Apple iPhone OS 3.1.2 iPodtouch
- Apple iPhone OS 3.1.2
- Apple iPhone OS 3.1.3
Jun 21, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.