Apple iOS CFNetwork buffer overflow
|appleios-cfnetwork-bo (59631)||High Risk|
Apple iOS is vulnerable to a stack-based buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking by the CFNetwork component. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web site, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the application to crash.
Upgrade to the latest version of Apple iOS (4.0 or later), available from the Apple Web site. See References.
- Apple Web site: About the security content of iOS 4.
- BID-41016: RETIRED: Apple iPhone/iPod touch Prior to iOS 4 Multiple Vulnerabilities
- BID-41049: Apple iOS and Mac OS X URI Stack Based Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-1752: Stack-based buffer overflow in CFNetwork in Apple iOS before 4 on the iPhone and iPod touch allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial of service (application crash) via vectors related to URL handling.
- OSVDB ID: 65702: Apple iOS CFNetwork on iPhone / iPod URL Handling Overflow
- SA40257: Apple iOS Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Apple iPhone OS 2.0
- Apple iPhone OS 2.0.0 iPodtouch
- Apple iPhone OS 2.0.1
- Apple iPhone OS 2.0.1 iPodtouch
- Apple iPhone OS 2.0.2
- Apple iPhone OS 2.0.2 iPodtouch
- Apple iPhone OS 2.1
- Apple iPhone OS 2.1 iPodtouch
- Apple iPhone OS 3.0
- Apple iPhone OS 3.0 iPodtouch
- Apple iPhone OS 3.1 iPodtouch
- Apple iPhone OS 3.1
- Apple iPhone OS 3.1.2 iPodtouch
- Apple iPhone OS 3.1.2
- Apple iPhone OS 3.1.3
Jun 21, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.