Novell iManager Tree denial of service
|imanager-tree-dos (59695)||Medium Risk|
Novell iManager is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an off-by-one error when handling the Tree HTTP POST parameter. By sending a specially-crafted HTTP request containing an overly long TREE parameter passed to /nps/servlet/webacc/, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to cause the server to crash.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of iManager (2.7.3 FTF4 or 2.7.4 or later), available from the Novell Web site. See References.
- CORE-2010-0316: Novell iManager Multiple Vulnerabilities.
- Novell Web site: Novell iManager.
- BID-40485: Novell iManager Long TREE Field Off-By-One Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-1930: Off-by-one error in Novell iManager 2.7, 2.7.3, and 2.7.3 FTF2 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (daemon crash) via a long tree parameter in a login request to nps/servlet/webacc.
- OSVDB ID: 65738: Novell iManager /nps/servlet/webacc/ Tree Parameter Off-by-One Remote DoS
- SA40281: Novell iManager Two Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1024152: Novell iManager Bugs Let Remote Users Deny Service and Remote Authenticated Users Execute Arbitrary Code
- Novell iManager 2.7
- Novell iManager 2.7.3
- Novell iManager 2.7.3 FTF2
Jun 23, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.