Fastream FTP++ path disclosure
|fastream-ftp-path-disclosure (5977)||Medium Risk|
Fastream FTP ++ Server could allow a remote attacker to obtain the path of the FTP server's root directory. A remote attacker can connect to the FTP server and enter "pwd" to retrieve the path of the FTP server's root directory.
Upgrade to the latest version of Fastream FTP ++ (2.0 Beta 10 Build 3 or later), available from the Fastream Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Jan 19 2001 - 14:38:33 CST: Multiple Vulnerabilities In FaSTream FTP++ (+ ICS Tftpserver DoS).
- Fastream Technologies Web site: FTP ++.
- BID-2267: Fastream FTP++ Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- CVE-2001-0254: FaSTream FTP++ Server 2.0 allows remote attackers to obtain the real pathname of the server via the pwd command.
- OSVDB ID: 12104: Fastream FTP++ Server pwd Command Path Disclosure
- Fastream Fastream FTP++ Server 2.0
Jan 19, 2001
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this