JE Section/Property Finder component for Joomla! file include
|jesectionfinder-view-file-include (59796)||Medium Risk|
JE Section/Property Finder component for Joomla! could allow a remote attacker to include arbitrary files. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request using the view parameter, to specify a malicious file from the local system, which could allow the attacker to obtain sensitive information or execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable Web server.
Note: In order to exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code, the attacker would first be required to upload a malicious file or inject arbitrary commands into an existing file.
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- Joomla Extensions Development Web site: Joomla Extensions Development.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [06-26-2010]: Joomla Component JE Section Finder LFI Vulnerability.
- BID-41163: Joomla! JE Section/Property Finder Component 'view' Parameter Local File Include Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-2680: Directory traversal vulnerability in the JExtensions JE Section/Property Finder (jesectionfinder) component for Joomla! allows remote attackers to include and execute arbitrary local files via directory traversal sequences in the view parameter to index.php.
- OSVDB ID: 66261: JE Section/Property Finder index.php view Parameter Traversal Local File Inclusion
- Joomla! JE Section/Property Finder component for Joomla!
- Joomla! Joomla!
Jun 26, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.