JE Awd Song Component for Joomla! index.php cross-site scripting
|jeawdsongcom-index-xss (59807)||Medium Risk|
JE Awd Song Component for Joomla! is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the index.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the id field to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- Joomla Extensions Development Web site: Joomla Extensions Development.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [06-26-2010]: Joomla JE Awd Song Component Persistent XSS Vulnerability.
- BID-41165: Joomla! 'com_awd_song' Component HTML Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-2613: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the JExtensions JE Awd Song (com_awd_song) component for Joomla! allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the song review field, which is not properly handled in a view action to index.php.
- OSVDB ID: 65966: JE Awd Song Component for Joomla! index.php Song Review Field XSS
- Joomla! JE Awd Song Component for Joomla!
- Joomla! Joomla!
Jun 26, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.