BookLibrary component for Joomla! index.php SQL injection
|booklibrary-index-sql-injection (59966)||Medium Risk|
The BookLibrary component for Joomla! is vulnerable to SQL injection. If magic_quotes_gpc is disabled, a remote attacker could send specially-crafted SQL statements to the index.php script using the [bid], id or searchtext parameter, which could allow the attacker to view, add, modify or delete information in the back-end database.
Upgrade to the latest version of the BookLibrary component (1.5.3_2010_06_20 or later), available from the OrdaSoft Web site. See References.
- OrdaSoft Web site: BookLibrary Basic.
- Secunia Research 30/06/2010: Joomla BookLibrary Component Four SQL Injection Vulnerabilities.
- BID-41264: Joomla! BookLibrary Component Multiple SQL Injection Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2010-1522: Multiple SQL injection vulnerabilities in the BookLibrary Basic (com_booklibrary) component 1.5.3 before 1.5.3_2010_06_20 for Joomla! allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary SQL commands via the bid parameter in a (1) lend_request or (2) save_lend_request action to index.php, the id parameter in a (3) mdownload or (4) downitsf action to index.php, or (5) the searchtext parameter in a search action to index.php.
- OSVDB ID: 65879: BookLibrary Component for Joomla! index.php Multiple Parameter SQL Injection
- SA40131: Joomla BookLibrary Component Multiple SQL Injection Vulnerabilities
- Joomla! Joomla!
- OrdaSoft BookLibrary component for Joomla! 1.5.3 Basic
Jun 30, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.