Hierarchical Select module for Drupal unspecifed cross-site scripting
|hierarchicalselect-unspecified-xss (60158)||Medium Risk|
Hierarchical Select module for Drupal is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of unspecified user-supplied input. A remote attacker with administer taxonomy permissions could exploit this vulnerability to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Remedy:Upgrade to the latest version of Drupal Hierarchical Select (5.x-3.2 or later or 6.x-3.2 or later), available from the Drupal Web site. See References.
- Drupal.org Web site: Hierarchical Select | drupal.org.
- SA-CONTRIB-2010-072: Hierarchical Select - Cross Site Scripting.
- BID-41450: Drupal Hierarchical Select Module Multiple Unspecified HTML Injection Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2010-2724: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the Hierarchical Select module 5.x before 5.x-3.2 and 6.x before 6.x-3.2 for Drupal allows remote authenticated users, with administer taxonomy permissions, to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via unspecified vectors in the hierarchical_select form.
- OSVDB ID: 66117: Hierarchical Select Module for Drupal Unspecified XSS
- SA40440: Drupal Hierarchical Select Module Script Insertion Vulnerability
- Drupal Hierarchical Select module for Drupal 5.x-3.1
- Drupal Hierarchical Select module for Drupal 6.x-3.1
Jul 07, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.