Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition Intel Alert Handler privilege escalation
|symantec-antivirus-alert-priv-escalation (60669)||High Risk|
Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition could allow a remote attacker to gain elevated privileges on the system, caused by a vulnerability in the Intel Alert Handler service (hndlrsvc.exe). By establishing a connection to TCP port 38292, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary commands on the system with SYSTEM-level privileges.
No remedy available as of April 23, 2011.
- EDB-ID: 17700: Symantec System Center Alert Management System (hndlrsvc.exe) Arbitrary Command Execution.
- foofus-20100726: Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition AMS Intel Alert Handler.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [07-28-2010]: Symantec AMS Intel Alert Handler Service Design Flaw.
- Symantec Web site: Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition.
- BID-41959: Symantec Antivirus Corporate Ed. Alert Management Service Remote Privilege Escalation Vulnerability
- OSVDB ID: 66807: Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition AMS Intel Alert Handler hndlrsvc.exe Arbitrary Command Execution
- Symantec AntiVirus 10.1.8.8000 Corporate
Jul 26, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this