IBM Net.Commerce could reveal sensitive information
|ibm-netcommerce-reveal-information (6067)||Medium Risk|
IBM Net.Commerce could allow an attacker to gain access to sensitive information, due to insufficient input validation checks in the net.data macros. An attacker could send a specially-crafted HTTP request to gain access to sensitive information in the Net.Commerce database. An attacker can use this information to gain access to administrative accounts and user password files.
Upgrade to IBM Net.Commerce version 3.2 or later, as listed in IBM Websphere Commerce Suite Security Issue 2001-1. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Feb 05 2001 - 12:13:10 CST: IBM NetCommerce Security.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Feb 06 2001 - 08:14:46 CST: Re: IBM NetCommerce Security.
- IBM WebSphere Commerce Suite Security Issue 2001-1: Websphere Commerce Suite Security.
- BID-2350: IBM Net.Commerce Remote Arbitrary Command Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2001-0319: orderdspc.d2w macro in IBM Net.Commerce 3.x allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary SQL queries by inserting them into the order_rn option of the report capability.
- OSVDB ID: 833: IBM Net.Commerce orderdspc.d2w order_rn Option SQL Injection
- IBM Net.Commerce 3.1.2
Feb 05, 2001
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this