Piwik data renderer file include
|piwik-data-renderer-file-include (60808)||Medium Risk|
Piwik could allow a remote attacker to include arbitrary files. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request for data renderer using an unspecified parameter to specify a malicious file from the local system, which could allow the attacker to obtain sensitive information or execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable Web server.
Note: In order to exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code, the attacker would first be required to upload a malicious file or inject arbitrary commands into an existing file.
Upgrade to the latest version of Piwik (0.6.4 or later), available from the Piwik Web site. See References.
- Piwik Web Site: Piwik 0.6.4 Security Advisory CVE-2010-2786.
- BID-42031: Piwik 0.6 Through 0.6.3 Remote File Include Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-2786: Directory traversal vulnerability in Piwik 0.6 through 0.6.3 allows remote attackers to include arbitrary local files and possibly have unspecified other impact via directory traversal sequences in a crafted data-renderer request.
- OSVDB ID: 66759: Piwik Data-renderer Request Unspecified Traversal Local File Inclusion
- SA40703: Piwik Local File Inclusion Vulnerability
- Piwik Piwik 0.6.3
Jul 28, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.