Devel module for Drupal node path cross-site scripting
|devel-nodepath-xss (60905)||Medium Risk|
Devel module for Drupal is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the node path. If the victim has access to the module's performance reports, a remote attacker with permission to add URL aliases could exploit this vulnerability to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of Devel module for Drupal (5.x-1.3 or 6.x-1.21 or later), available from the Drupal Web site. See References.
- Drupal Web site: Devel | drupal.org.
- SA-CONTRIB-2010-079: Devel (Performance logging) - Cross Site Scripting.
- BID-42231: Drupal Devel (Performance logging) Module Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-3022: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the Performance logging module in the Devel module 5.x before 5.x-1.3 and 6.x before 6.x-1.21 for Drupal allows remote authenticated users, with add url aliases and report access permissions, to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via crafted node paths in a URL.
- OSVDB ID: 66889: Devel (Performance logging) Module for Drupal Unspecified XSS
- SA40844: Drupal Devel (Performance logging) Module Script Insertion Vulnerability
- Drupal Devel module for Drupal 5.x-1.2
- Drupal Devel module for Drupal 6.x-1.2
Aug 04, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.