Apache SLMS Quoting cross-site request forgery
|apacheslms-quoting-csrf (61006)||Medium Risk|
Apache SLMS is vulnerable to cross-site request forgery, caused by the improper quoting of parameters. By persuading an authenticated user to visit a malicious Web site, a remote attacker could send a malformed HTTP request. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to perform cross-site scripting attacks, Web cache poisoning, and other malicious activities.
Apply the appropriate patch for your system. See References.
- Apache Web site: Apache.
- BID-42121: Apache SLMS Insufficient Quoting Cross Site Request Forgery Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-1325: Cross-site request forgery (CSRF) vulnerability in the apache2-slms package in SUSE Lifecycle Management Server (SLMS) 1.0 on SUSE Linux Enterprise (SLE) 11 allows remote attackers to hijack the authentication of unspecified victims via vectors related to improper parameter quoting. NOTE: some sources report that this is a vulnerability in a product named Apache SLMS
- OSVDB ID: 67846: SUSE Lifecycle Management Server on SUSE Linux Enterprise apache2-slms Parameter Quoting CSRF
- SUSE-SR:2010:014: SUSE Security Summary Report
- Linux Kernel 2.6.5
- SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11
Aug 09, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.