Cacti utilities.php cross-site scripting
|cacti-utilities-xss (61226)||Medium Risk|
Cacti is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the utilities.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the filter parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of Cacti (0.8.7g or later), available from the Cacti Web site. Web site. See References.
For other distributions:
Apply the appropriate update for your system. See References.
- Cacti Web site: Index of /downloads.
- Red Hat Bugzilla Bug 459105: (CVE-2010-2544) CVE-2010-2544 cacti: XSS in utilities.php log file viewer search pattern.
- RHSA-2010:0635-1: Red Hat High Performance Computing (HPC) Solution 5.5.
- BID-42575: Cacti Cross Site Scripting and HTML Injection Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2010-2544: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in utilities.php in Cacti before 0.8.7g, as used in Red Hat High Performance Computing (HPC) Solution and other products, allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the filter parameter.
- MDVSA-2010:160: cacti
- OSVDB ID: 67412: Cacti on Red Hat High Performance Computing (HPC) utilities.php filter Parameter XSS
- SA41041: Red Hat High Performance Computing (HPC) Solution Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Cacti Cacti 0.6.7
- Cacti Cacti 0.8
- Cacti Cacti 0.8.1
- Cacti Cacti 0.8.2
- Cacti Cacti 0.8.2a
- Cacti Cacti 0.8.3
- Cacti Cacti 0.8.3a
- Cacti Cacti 0.8.4
- Cacti Cacti 0.8.5
- Cacti Cacti 0.8.5a
- Cacti Cacti 0.8.6
- Cacti Cacti 0.8.6 prior 0.8.6k
- Cacti Cacti 0.8.6a
- Cacti Cacti 0.8.6b
- Cacti Cacti 0.8.6c
- Cacti Cacti 0.8.6d
- Cacti Cacti 0.8.6e
- Cacti Cacti 0.8.6f
- Cacti Cacti 0.8.6g
- Cacti Cacti 0.8.6h
- Cacti Cacti 0.8.6i
- Cacti Cacti 0.8.6j
- Cacti Cacti 0.8.6k
- Cacti Cacti 0.8.7
- Cacti Cacti 0.8.7a
- Cacti Cacti 0.8.7b
- Cacti Cacti 0.8.7c
- Cacti Cacti 0.8.7d
- Cacti Cacti 0.8.7e
- Cacti Cacti prior to 0.8.6e
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux Corporate Server 4.0
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux Corporate Server 4.0 X86_64
- Mandriva Enterprise Server 5
- Mandriva Enterprise Server 5 X86_64
Aug 19, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.