HP-UX Software Distributor privilege escalation
|hpux-software-privilege-escalation (61394)||High Risk|
An unspecified vulnerability in HP-UX, when running Software Distributor, could allow a local attacker to gain elevated privileges on the system using unknown attack vectors.
Refer to HPSBUX02552 SSRT100062 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- HPSBUX02552 SSRT100062: HP-UX running Software Distributor (sd), Local Privilege Increase, Unauthorized Access.
- BID-42755: HP-UX Software Distributor Unspecified Local Privilege Escalation Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-2712: Unspecified vulnerability in Software Distributor (sd) in HP HP-UX B.11.11, B.11.23, and B.11.31 allows local users to gain privileges via unknown vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 67537: HP-UX Software Distributor Unspecified Local Privilege Escalation
- SA41163: HP-UX Software Distributor Privilege Escalation Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1024367: HP Software Distributor Lets Local Users Gain Elevated Privileges
- VUPEN/ADV-2010-2214: HP-UX Software Distributor Local Privilege Escalation Vulnerability
- HP HP-UX B.11.11
- HP HP-UX B.11.23
- HP HP-UX B.11.31
Aug 25, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.