Wiccle Web Builder post_text parameter cross-site scripting
|wicclewebbuilder-posttext-xss (61466)||Medium Risk|
Wiccle Web Builder is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the ajax.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the post_text parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- Packetstorm Security Web Site: Wiccle version 1.00 suffers from a cross site scripting vulnerability.
- Wiccle.com Web site: Wiccle Web Builder - A Web 2.0+ Content Management System | Wiccle.com.
- CVE-2010-3208: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in ajax.php in Wiccle Web Builder (WWB) 1.00 and 1.0.1 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the post_text parameter in a site custom_search action to index.php. NOTE: some of these details are obtained from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 67691: Wiccle Web Builder ajax.php post_text Parameter XSS
- SA41191: Wiccle Web Builder post_text Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- Wiccle iWiccle 1.01
Aug 28, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.