phpMyAdmin unspecified cross-site scripting
|phpmyadmin-uns-xss (61675)||Medium Risk|
phpMyAdmin is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the setup script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the server name in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of phpMyAdmin (3.3.7 or later), available from the phpMyAdmin Web site. See References.
- phpMyAdmin Web site: phpMyAdmin.
- PMASA-2010-7 : XSS attack on setup script.
- CVE-2010-2958: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in libraries/Error.class.php in phpMyAdmin 3.x before 3.3.6 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via vectors related to a PHP backtrace and error messages (aka debugging messages), a different vulnerability than CVE-2010-3056.
- CVE-2010-3263: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in setup/frames/index.inc.php in the setup script in phpMyAdmin 3.x before 3.3.7 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via a server name.
- OSVDB ID: 67851: phpMyAdmin Setup Script setup/frames/index.inc.php Server Name XSS
- SA41206: phpMyAdmin Backtrace Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- SA41210: phpMyAdmin Unspecified Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- VUPEN/ADV-2010-2242: phpMyAdmin Debugging Messages Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- phpMyAdmin phpMyAdmin 220.127.116.11
- phpMyAdmin phpMyAdmin 18.104.22.168
- phpMyAdmin phpMyAdmin 2.11.11
- phpMyAdmin phpMyAdmin 3.3.6
Sep 08, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.