AXIGEN Mail Server URL directory traversal
|axigenmailserver-url-dir-traversal (61826)||Medium Risk|
AXIGEN Mail Server could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories on the system. An attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request containing URL-encoded "dot dot" sequences (..%5C..%5C..%5C) to view arbitrary files on the system.
Upgrade to the latest version of AXIGEN Mail Server for Windows (7.4.2 or later), available from the Axigen Web site. See References.
- Acunetix Web Site: Directory Traversal in Axigen v7.4.1 running on Windows.
- Axigen Web site: Linux Mail Server, Calendaring & Collaboration | Axigen.
- Axigen Web Site: Axigen Releases Version 7.4.2.
- BID-43230: Axigen Webmail Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-3460: Directory traversal vulnerability in the HTTP interface in AXIGEN Mail Server 7.4.1 for Windows allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files via a %5C (encoded backslash) in the URL.
- OSVDB ID: 68027: AXIGEN Mail Server URL Encoding Traversal Arbitrary File Access
- SA41430: AXIGEN Mail Server Two Vulnerabilities
- VUPEN/ADV-2010-2415: Axigen Mail Server Directory Traversal and Cross Site Scripting Issues
- Gecad Technologies AXIGEN Mail Server 7.4.1
Aug 19, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.