OTRS unspecified cross-site scripting
|otrs-unspecified-xss (61868)||Medium Risk|
OTRS is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by an unspecified script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using an unspecified parameter to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of OTRS (2.3.6 or 2.4.8 or later), available from the OTRS Web site. See References.
- OSA-2010-02: Multiple XSS and denial of service vulnerabilities.
- OTRS Web site: OTRS::Email Management::Trouble Ticket System::CVS Access.
- BID-43264: OTRS Core System Multiple Cross-Site Scripting and Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2010-2080: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in Open Ticket Request System (OTRS) 2.3.x before 2.3.6 and 2.4.x before 2.4.8 allow remote authenticated users to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via unspecified vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 68063: OTRS (Open Ticket Request System) Multiple Unspecified XSS
- OSVDB ID: 68064: OTRS (Open Ticket Request System) Crafted Email Regular Expression Processing DoS
- SA41381: OTRS Script Insertion and Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- SUSE-SR:2010:024: SUSE Security Summary Report
- OTRS OTRS 2.3.4
- OTRS OTRS 2.3.5
- OTRS OTRS 2.4.6
- OTRS OTRS 2.4.7
Sep 15, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.