OTRS regular expression denial of service
|otrs-regexpression-dos (61869)||Medium Risk|
OTRS is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by incorrect processing of regular expressions while displaying some articles. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to cause a denial of service.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of OTRS (2.3.6 or 2.4.8 or later), available from the OTRS Web site. See References.
- OSA-2010-02: Multiple XSS and denial of service vulnerabilities.
- OTRS Web site: OTRS::Email Management::Trouble Ticket System::CVS Access.
- BID-43264: OTRS Core System Multiple Cross-Site Scripting and Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2010-3476: Open Ticket Request System (OTRS) 2.3.x before 2.3.6 and 2.4.x before 2.4.8 does not properly handle the matching of Perl regular expressions against HTML e-mail messages, which allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (CPU consumption) via a large message, a different vulnerability than CVE-2010-2080.
- SA41381: OTRS Script Insertion and Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- SUSE-SR:2010:024: SUSE Security Summary Report
- OTRS OTRS 2.3.4
- OTRS OTRS 2.3.5
- OTRS OTRS 2.4.6
- OTRS OTRS 2.4.7
Sep 15, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.