Open Text ECM multiple scripts cross-site scripting
|ecm-multiple-xss (62056)||Medium Risk|
Open Text ECM is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by multiple scripts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using various parameters in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Apply the appropriate patch for your system, available for registered users from the Open Text web site. See References.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Wed Sep 22 2010: OpenText LiveLink 9.7.1 multiple vulnerabilities (CSRF, XSS).
- OpenText Web Site: Open Text ECM.
- CVE-2010-5282: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in OpenText ECM (formerly Livelink ECM) 9.7.1 allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) viewType and (2) sort parameters in a browse action to livelink/livelink; and the (3) nodeid, (4) setctx, and (5) support parameters to livelinkdav/nodes/OOB_DAVWindow.html.
- OSVDB ID: 68256: OpenText ECM livelink/livelink Multiple Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 68257: Open Text ECM livelinkdav/nodes/OOB_DAVWindow.html Multiple Parameter XSS
- SA41553: Open Text ECM Cross-Site Scripting and Request Forgery Vulnerabilities
- Open Text Corporation ECM 9.7.1
Sep 23, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.