MODx class_key parameter file include
|modx-classkey-file-include (62073)||Medium Risk|
MODx could allow a remote attacker to include arbitrary files. If magic_quotes_gpc is disabled, a remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the tvs.php script using the class_key parameter, to specify a malicious file from the local system, which could allow the attacker to obtain sensitive information or execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable Web server.
Note: In order to exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code, the attacker would first be required to upload a malicious file or inject arbitrary commands into an existing file.
Upgrade to the latest version of MODx (2.0.3-pl or later), available from the MODx Web site. See References.
- JohnLeitch.NET: A vulnerability in MODx Revolution 2.0.2-pl can be exploited to include arbitrary files.
- MODx Web site: Content Management System, Framework, and More - MODx.
- BID-43577: MODx Local File Include and Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2010-5278: Directory traversal vulnerability in manager/controllers/default/resource/tvs.php in MODx Revolution 2.0.2-pl, and possibly earlier, when magic_quotes_gpc is disabled, allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files via a .. (dot dot) in the class_key parameter. NOTE: some of these details are obtained from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 68265: MODx manager/controllers/default/resource/tvs.php class_key Parameter Traversal Local File Inclusion
- SA41638: MODx Cross-Site Scripting and Local File Inclusion Vulnerabilities
- MODx CMS MODx 2.0.2-pl
Sep 28, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.