Fresh FTP FTP directory traversal
|freshftp-ftp-dir-traversal (62555)||Medium Risk|
Fresh FTP could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories on the system. By persuading a victim to connect and download from a malicious FTP server a directory containing files with "dot dot" sequences using backslash characters (\..\) in the filenames, a remote attacker could traverse directories and write arbitrary files to the system.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Fresh Webmaster Web site: Fresh Websuction, Fresh HTML, Fresh FTP.
- HTB22628: Directory Traversal Vulnerability in FreshFTP.
- BID-44072: Fresh FTP Filename Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-4149: Directory traversal vulnerability in FreshWebMaster Fresh FTP 5.36, 5.37, and possibly earlier, allows remote FTP servers to write arbitrary files via a ..\ (dot dot backslash) in a filename. NOTE: some of these details are obtained from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 68667: Fresh FTP Filename Specifier Traversal Arbitrary File Write
- SA41798: Fresh FTP Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- Freshwebmaster Fresh FTP 5.36
- Freshwebmaster Fresh FTP 5.37
Oct 11, 2010
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.