Attachmate Reflection for the Web unspecified cross-site scripting
|attachmate-unspecified-xss (62564)||Medium Risk|
Attachmate Reflection for the Web is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using an unspecified parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Refer to Attachmate Technical Note 1704 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Attachmate Technical Note 1704: Security Updates and Reflection for the Web.
- BID-44123: Attachmate Reflection for the Web Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-4146: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in Attachmate Reflection for the Web 2008 R2 (builds 10.1.569 and earlier), 2008 R1, and 9.6 and earlier allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via unspecified vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 68637: Attachmate Reflection for the Web Unspecified XSS
- SA41869: Attachmate Reflection for the Web Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- Attachmate Reflection for the Web 2008 9.6
- Attachmate Reflection for the Web 2008 R1
- Attachmate Reflection for the Web 2008 R2
Oct 14, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this