IBM solidDB database server denial of service
|ibm-solid-database-server-dos (62590)||Medium Risk|
IBM solidDB is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an error in the solid.exe database server. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to reference an unallocated memory region and cause the service to crash.
Denial of Service
Refer to IBM APAR IC80076 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM APAR IC80076: Fix list for IBM solidDB V6.5 and IBM solidDB Universal Cache V6.5.
- IBM Web site: solidDB product family.
- Luigi Auriemma Advisory, 15 Oct 2010: Denial of Service in solidDB 22.214.171.124.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [10-15-2010]: IBM solidDB <= 126.96.36.199 Denial of Service Vulnerability.
- BID-44158: IBM solidDB Multiple Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2010-4057: solid.exe in IBM solidDB 188.8.131.52 and earlier does not properly perform a recursive call to a certain function upon receiving packet data containing many integer fields with two different values, which allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (invalid memory access and daemon crash) via a TCP session on port 1315.
- OSVDB ID: 68938: IBM solidDB solid.exe Packet Handling Memory Error Remote DoS
- SA41873: IBM solidDB Multiple Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1024597: IBM solidDB Packet Processing Error Lets Remote Users Deny Service
- IBM solidDB 6.5.0 FP3
Oct 15, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.