IBM Informix Dynamic Server oninit.exe buffer overflow
|ibm-ids-oninit-bo (62619)||High Risk|
IBM Informix Dynamic Server is vulnerable to a stack-based buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking by the logging function in oninit.exe. By sending a specially-crafted request to TCP port 9088 or 1526, a remote authenticated attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code with SYSTEM level privileges or cause the application to crash.
Upgrade to the latest version of Informix Dynamic Server (IDS) (11.50.xC1 or 11.10.xC2W2 or later), available from the IBM Web site. See References.
- IBM Web site: Informix Dynamic Server (IDS).
- ZDI-10-216: IBM Informix Dynamic Server oninit.exe EXPLAIN Remote Code Execution Vulnerability.
- BID-44192: IBM Informix Dynamic Server 'oninit.exe' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-4053: Stack-based buffer overflow in an unspecified logging function in oninit.exe in IBM Informix Dynamic Server (IDS) 11.10 before 11.10.xC2W2 and 11.50 before 11.50.xC1 allows remote authenticated users to execute arbitrary code via a crafted EXPLAIN directive, aka idsdb00154125 and idsdb00154243.
- OSVDB ID: 68705: IBM Informix Dynamic Server oninit.exe Logging Function Remote Overflow
- SA41913: IBM Informix Dynamic Server oninit.exe Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- IBM Informix Dynamic Server 11.10
- IBM Informix Dynamic Server 11.10.xC2
Oct 18, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.