DeluxeBB xthedateformat parameter SQL injection
|deluxebb-xthedateformat-sql-injection (62660)||Medium Risk|
DeluxeBB is vulnerable to SQL injection. A remote attacker could send specially-crafted SQL statements to the misc.php script using the xthedateformat parameter, which could allow the attacker to view, add, modify or delete information in the back-end database.
Refer to Security Update for DeluxeBB 1.3 #4 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- DeluxeBB Web Site: Security Update for DeluxeBB 1.3 #4.
- DeluxeBB Web site: DeluxeBB Free Bulletin Board Software.
- HTB22641: SQL injection in DeluxeBB.
- BID-44259: DeluxeBB 'xthedateformat' Parameter SQL Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-4151: SQL injection vulnerability in misc.php in DeluxeBB 1.3, and possibly earlier, when magic_quotes_gpc is disabled, allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary SQL commands via the xthedateformat parameter in a register action, a different vector than CVE-2005-2989, CVE-2006-2503, and CVE-2009-1033.
- OSVDB ID: 71079: DeluxeBB misc.php xthedateformat Parameter SQL Injection
- SA41918: DeluxeBB xthedateformat SQL Injection Vulnerability
- DeluxeBB DeluxeBB 1.3
Oct 19, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.