TIBCO ActiveMatrix products JMX code execution
|tibco-jmx-code-execution (62674)||High Risk|
Description:TIBCO ActiveMatrix products could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system, caused by an error in the TIBCO ActiveMatrix Runtime and TIBCO ActiveMatrix Administrator components when handing JMX connections. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to gain unauthorized administrative access and execute arbitrary code on the system.
Refer to TIBCO Web site for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- TIBCO Web site: TIBCO ActiveMatrix vulnerability.
- BID-44254: TIBCO ActiveMatrix Products Unspecified Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-3491: The (1) ActiveMatrix Runtime and (2) ActiveMatrix Administrator components in TIBCO ActiveMatrix Service Grid before 2.3.1, ActiveMatrix Service Bus before 2.3.1, ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks Service Engine before 5.8.1, and ActiveMatrix Service Performance Manager before 1.3.2 do not properly handle JMX connections, which allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code, obtain sensitive information, or cause a denial of service via unspecified vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 68726: TIBCO ActiveMatrix Multiple Products JMX Connection Handling Arbitrary Code Execution (2010-3491)
- SA41891: TIBCO ActiveMatrix Products JMX Connections Code Execution Vulnerability
- VUPEN/ADV-2010-2747: TIBCO ActiveMatrix Products JMX Connections Remote Code Execution
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks Service Engine 5.8
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix Service Bus 2.3
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix Service Grid 2.3
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix Service Performance Manager 1.3
Oct 19, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.