Aardvark Topsites PHP index.php cross-site scripting
|topsitesphp-index-xss (62767)||Medium Risk|
Aardvark Topsites PHP is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the index.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the email, title, "u", or url parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- Aardvark Topsites PHP Web site: Aardvark Topsites PHP - A Free PHP Topsites Script.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sun Oct 24 2010: Aardvark Topsite XSS vulnerability.
- BID-44390: Aardvark Topsites PHP 'index.php' Multiple Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2010-4097: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in index.php in Aardvark Topsites PHP 5.2.0 and 5.2.1 allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) mail, (2) title, (3) u, and (4) url parameters. NOTE: the q parameter is already covered by CVE-2009-2302.
- OSVDB ID: 71323: Aardvark Topsites PHP index.php Multiple Parameter XSS
- Avatic Aardvark Topsites PHP 5.2.0
- Avatic Aardvark Topsites PHP 5.2.1
Oct 24, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this