XWiki Watch rev cross-site scripting
|xwiki-watch-rev-xss (62940)||Medium Risk|
XWiki Watch is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by WebHome or xwiki/bin/view/Blog. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the rev parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- XWiki Web Site: Welcome to XWiki.
- BID-44606: XWiki Watch HTML Injection and Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2010-4640: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in XWiki Watch 1.0 allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the rev parameter to (1) bin/viewrev/Main/WebHome and (2) bin/view/Blog, and the (3) register_first_name and (4) register_last_name parameters to bin/register/XWiki/Register. NOTE: the provenance of this information is unknown; the details are obtained solely from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 68973: XWiki Watch xwiki/bin/viewrev/Main/WebHome rev Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 68974: XWiki Watch xwiki/bin/view/Blog rev Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 68975: XWiki Watch xwiki/bin/register/XWiki/Register Multiple Parameter XSS
- SA42090: XWiki Watch Cross-Site Scripting and Script Insertion Vulnerabilities
- XWiki XWiki Watch 1.0
Nov 02, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.