IBM Tivoli Directory Server BER-encoded LDAP denial of service
|ibm-tds-ber-ldap-dos (62977)||Medium Risk|
IBM Tivoli Directory Server is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an error when handling BER-encoded LDAP requests. By sending a specially-crafted request, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to cause the server to crash.
Denial of Service
Refer to IBM APAR IO13306 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM APAR IO13306: Bad BER request could potentially crash Tivoli Directory Server.
- BID-44604: IBM Tivoli Directory Server Multiple Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2010-4216: IBM Tivoli Directory Server (TDS) 6.0.0.x before 184.108.40.206-TIV-ITDS-IF0007 does not properly handle invalid buffer references in LDAP BER requests, which might allow remote attackers to cause a denial of service (daemon crash) via vectors involving a buffer that has a memory address near the maximum possible address.
- OSVDB ID: 69112: IBM Tivoli Directory Server LDAP BER Request Buffer Reference Remote DoS
- SA42116: IBM Tivoli Directory Server BER Denial of Service Vulnerability
- VUPEN/ADV-2010-2863: IBM Tivoli Directory Server LDAP and BER Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- IBM Tivoli Directory Server 220.127.116.11
Oct 29, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.