SilverStripe interfaces cross-site request forgery
|silverstripe-interfaces-csrf (63156)||Medium Risk|
SilverStripe is vulnerable to cross-site request forgery, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by various CMS interfaces and classes based on TableListField or ComplexTableField. By persuading an authenticated user to visit a malicious Web site, a remote attacker could send a malformed HTTP request to perform cross-site scripting attacks, Web cache poisoning, and other malicious activities.
Upgrade to the latest version of SilverStripe, (2.4.3-rc1 or 2.3.9-rc1 or later), available from the SilverStripe Web site. See References.
- SilverStripe Web site: SilverStripe Release Announcements.
- BID-44768: SilverStripe Unspecified Cross Site Request Forgery Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-5088: Multiple cross-site request forgery (CSRF) vulnerabilities in SilverStripe 2.3.x before 2.3.9 and 2.4.x before 2.4.3 allow remote attackers to hijack the authentication of administrators via destructive controller actions, a different vulnerability than CVE-2010-5087.
- OSVDB ID: 69113: SilverStripe Multiple Admin Function CSRF
- SA41717: SilverStripe Cross-Site Request Forgery Vulnerability
- SilverStripe SilverStripe
Nov 01, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.