IBM Systems Director Agent reset_diragent_keys security bypass
|systems-director-resetdiragent-sec-bypass (63238)||Medium Risk|
IBM Systems Director Agent could allow a local attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by insecure permissions (754) being set on the reset_diragent_keys Common agent command. A local attacker in the system group could exploit this vulnerability to perform unauthorized actions.
Apply IBM APAR IC71821, available from IBM Support and Downloads. See References.
- IBM APAR IC71821: reset_diragent_keys has excessive file Permissions.
- BID-44839: IBM Systems Director Agent 'reset_diragent_keys' Insecure File Permissions Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-4274: reset_diragent_keys in the Common agent in IBM Systems Director 6.2.0 has 754 permissions, which allows local users to gain privileges by leveraging system group membership.
- OSVDB ID: 69301: IBM Systems Director Common Agent reset_diragent_keys Permissions Weakness Local Privilege Escalation
- SA42239: IBM Systems Director Agent reset_diragent_keys Insecure File Permissions
- SECTRACK ID: 1024736: IBM Systems Director 'reset_diragent_keys' Unsafe File Permissions Lets Local Users Gain Elevated Privileges
- IBM AIX 5.3
- IBM Systems Director Agent 6.2.0
Nov 11, 2010
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.