Chameleon Social Networking forum_new_topic.php cross-site scripting
|chameleon-forumnewtopic-xss (63255)||Medium Risk|
Chameleon Social Networking is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the forum_new_topic.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the thread_title or thread_description parameter to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- ABK-Soft Web site: Chameleon Social Networking.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [11-15-2010]: Chameleon Social Networking Software Persistent XSS Vulnerability.
- BID-44846: Chameleon Social Networking Software HTML Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-4366: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in forum_new_topic.php in Chameleon Social Networking allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) thread_title and (2) thread_description parameters in a message.
- OSVDB ID: 69359: Chameleon Social Networking forum_new_topic.php Multiple Parameter XSS
- SA42206: Chameleon Social Networking Forum New Thread Script Insertion
- ABK-Soft Chameleon Social Networking
Nov 15, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this