Image Viewer CP ActiveX control buffer overflow
|imageviewer-activex-bo (63642)||High Risk|
The Image Viewer CP ActiveX control (ImageViewer2.ocx) is vulnerable to a stack-based buffer overflow. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web page that passes an overly long strPDFFile parameter to an insecure Image2PDF() method, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to overflow a buffer or cause the victim's browser to crash.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [12-02-2010]: Image Viewer CP Gold v5.5 Image2PDF() Buffer Overflow (msf).
- Viscomsoft Web site: Image Viewer CP ActiveX control.
- BID-45155: Image Viewer CP Pro/Gold ActiveX Control 'Image2PDF()' Method Stack Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-5194: Stack-based buffer overflow in the Image2PDF function in the SCRIBBLE.ScribbleCtrl.1 ActiveX control (ImageViewer2.ocx) in Viscom Image Viewer CP Pro 8.0, Gold 5.5, Gold 6.0, and earlier allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long strPDFFile parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 69566: Image Viewer CP SCRIBBLE.ScribbleCtrl.1 ActiveX (ImageViewer2.ocx) Image2PDF() Function PDFFile Parameter Overflow
- SA42445: Image Viewer CP Pro / Gold ActiveX Control Two Buffer Overflows
- Viscom Software Image Viewer CP Gold SDK ActiveX control 6.0
- Viscom Software Image Viewer CP Pro SDK ActiveX control 8.0
Dec 02, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.