DCForum CGI az= field upload files
|dcforum-az-file-upload (6393)||High Risk|
DCForum could allow an attacker to upload files. A vulnerability in the hidden form field "az=" of the dcboard.cgi script in DCForum 2000 version 1 could allow a remote attacker to upload arbitrary files on the Web server. By default, a remote attacker can upload arbitrary files on the Web server by setting the hidden form field from "az=" to "az=upload_file".
Update the dcadmin.cgi, dcboard.cgi (other .cgi for pre DCF2K), dcforumlib.pl, and upload_file.pl (DCF2K and DCF6 only) as specified in the DCScripts Security Bulletin. See References.
As a workaround, patch dcboard.cgi to remove double dots and poison nulls.
- DCScripts Security Bulletin, March 31, 2001: All versions of DCForum.
- qDefense Advisory QDAV-5-2000-1: DCForum allows remote read/write/execute.
- BID-2611: DCForum AZ Field Remote Command Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2001-0437: upload_file.pl in DCForum 2000 1.0 allows remote attackers to upload arbitrary files without authentication by setting the az parameter to upload_file.
- OSVDB ID: 3861: DCForum dcboard.cgi az Hidden Field Remote Execution
- DCScripts DCForum 2000 1.0
Apr 16, 2001
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this