Symantec Endpoint Protection fw_charts.php code execution
|symantec-endpoint-fwcharts-code-execution (64118)||High Risk|
Symantec Endpoint Protection reporting module could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system, caused by improper checks by the fw_charts.php script. If the SEP Client is installed and authenticated to a SEP Server, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to overwrite arbitrary PHP files on reporting module and execute arbitrary code on the system.
Refer to SYM10-013 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- SYM10-013: Security Advisories Relating to Symantec Products - Symantec Endpoint Protection File Overwrite.
- ZDI-10-291: Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Reporting Server fw_charts.php Remote Code Execution Vulnerability.
- BID-45372: Symantec Endpoint Protection Reporting Module 'fw_charts.php' Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-0114: fw_charts.php in the reporting module in the Manager (aka SEPM) component in Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) 11.x before 11 RU6 MP2 allows remote attackers to bypass intended restrictions on report generation, overwrite arbitrary PHP scripts, and execute arbitrary code via a crafted request.
- OSVDB ID: 69975: Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Reporting Module fw_charts.php Remote Code Execution
- SA42643: Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager fw_charts.php Code Execution Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1024900: Symantec Endpoint Protection Validation Flaw in 'fw_charts.php' Lets Remote Users Overwrite Files and Execute Arbitrary Code
- VUPEN/ADV-2010-3252: Symantec Endpoint Protection fw_charts.php File Overwrite Vulnerability
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 11
Dec 15, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this