ImgBurn DLL code execution
|imgburn-dll-code-execution (64478)||High Risk|
ImgBurn could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system. The application does not directly specify the fully qualified path to a dynamic-linked library (dwmapi.dll) when running on Microsoft Windows. By persuading a victim to open a specially-crafted file from a WebDAV or SMB share using a vulnerable application, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability via a specially-crafted library to execute arbitrary code on the system.
Upgrade to the latest version of ImgBurn 126.96.36.199, available from the ImgBurn Web site. See References.
- ImgBurn Web site: ImgBurn.
- Packet Storm Web site: ImgBurn 188.8.131.52 dll hijack vulnerability.
- BID-45657: ImgBurn 'dwmapi.dll' DLL Loading Arbitrary Code Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2011-0403: Untrusted search path vulnerability in ImgBurn.exe in ImgBurn 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, and other versions allows local users, and possibly remote attackers, to execute arbitrary code and conduct DLL hijacking attacks via a Trojan horse dwmapi.dll that is located in the same folder as a CUE file.
- OSVDB ID: 70273: ImgBurn ImgBurn.exe Path Subversion Arbitrary DLL Injection Code Execution
- SA42798: ImgBurn Insecure Library Loading Vulnerability
- ImgBurn ImgBurn 18.104.22.168
Jan 02, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.