Novell Identity Manager Approval Form cross-site scripting
|novell-approval-form-xss (64501)||Medium Risk|
The Novell Identity Manager Roles Based Provisioning Module is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the Approval Form. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Refer to Novell Document ID: 5085293 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Novell Document ID: 5085293: IDM Roles Based Provisioning Module 370 Field Patch D.
- BID-45692: Novell Identity Manager Unspecified Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-4324: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the Approval Form in the User Application in the Roles Based Provisioning Module 3.7.0 before 370D in Novell Identity Manager (aka IDM) allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via unspecified vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 70298: Novell Identity Manager Roles Based Provisioning Module Approval Form Unspecified XSS
- SA42819: Novell Identity Manager Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1024941: Novell Identity Manager Input Validation Flaw in Approval Form Permits Cross-Site Scripting Attacks
- Novell Identity Manager Roles Based Provisioning Module 3.7.0
Jan 04, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.