TIBCO Collaborative Information Manager unspecified session hijacking
|tibco-unspecified-session-hijacking (64523)||Medium Risk|
TIBCO Collaborative Information Manager and TIBCO ActiveCatalog could allow a remote attacker to hijack a valid user's session, caused by an unspecified error. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted link and log into the application, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to hijack another user's account and possibly launch further attacks on the system.
Refer to TIBCO Software Inc. Security Advisory Jan 5, 2011 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- TIBCO Software Inc. Security Advisory Jan 5, 2011: TIBCO Collaborative Information Manager vulnerabilities.
- BID-45691: TIBCO Session Fixation and Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2010-4499: Session fixation vulnerability in Collaborative Information Manager server, as used in TIBCO Collaborative Information Manager before 8.1.0 and ActiveCatalog before 1.0.1, allows remote attackers to hijack web sessions via unspecified vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 70374: TIBCO Multiple Products Collaborative Information Manager Unspecified Session Fixation
- SA42791: TIBCO Collaborative Information Manager / ActiveCatalog Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1024942: TIBCO Collaborative Information Manager Flaws Permit Cross-Site Scripting, SQL Injection, and Session Hijacking Attacks
- VUPEN/ADV-2011-0037: TIBCO Collaborative Information Manager Server Multiple Vulnerabilities
- TIBCO ActiveCatalog 1.0
- TIBCO Collaborative Information Manager 8.0
Jan 05, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.