RoomWizard password security bypass
|roomwizard-password-security-bypass (64543)||Medium Risk|
RoomWizard could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions. The Web based scheduling system has a default password. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to obtain sensitive information and gain unauthorized access to the device.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Interactive Media Link Web site: RoomWizard.
- Packetstorm Security Website: RoomWizard Credential Disclosure.
- BID-45699: RoomWizard Default Password Security Bypass And Information Disclosure Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2010-0214: The administrative interface on the PolyVision RoomWizard with firmware 3.2.3 places the Sync Connector Active Directory (AD) credentials in a web form that is accessed over HTTP on port 80, which allows remote attackers to obtain sensitive information by reading the HTML source code corresponding to the /admin/sign/DeviceSynch URI.
- OSVDB ID: 70389: RoomWizard Admin Interface /admin/sign/DeviceSynch Sync Connector AD Credentials Disclosure
- US-CERT VU#870601: PolyVision RoomWizard insecurely stores Sync Connector Active Directory credentials and uses default administrative password
- Interactive Media Link RoomWizard
Jan 06, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.